Wednesday, November 9, 2011

1 Peter 1:13-25

A Call to Holy Living


It's funny how on Sundays I'm ready.  I'm ready to fight the good fight for God.  I leave church feeling refreshed and armored to battle for the week.  Around Thursday, I start to fade.  I get overwhelmed, worry and start to doubt.  What am I doing wrong?  I'm a horrible mother.  Why is my son still struggling?  It's just not fair.  Then it's Sunday again.  I get out of church feeling refreshed and ready to fight my battle.

It's very easy for us to "slip up" in our Christian walk.  We are tempted by so many things in this life to keep us from doing what God needs us to do.  Whether it's a gossip session, a movie about adultery that intrigues us or a little white lie that we feel won't harm anyone, it's far to easy for us to go back to our ways before becoming a Christian.

1 Peter 13-15 reminds us to be prepared for these set backs.  Be ready to jump back into your Christian ways and live a holy life.  Peter reminds us that all of our earthly things will disappear one day.  The Life Application Study Bible reminds us that Only God's Word, will and works will remain forever.

We need to keep this in mind during our walk with autism as well.  We will have the setbacks and regression that can very easily knock us to the ground.  However, if we remember that God's will, His Word and his works are what matter the most then our setbacks will be so much easier to handle.

Verse that meant the most to me:
"Through Christ you have come to trust in God.  And because God raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory, your faith and hope can be placed confidently in God."  - 1 Peter 1:21


God,
We thank you for your Word and all of the advice you have given us.  Please reach us during our "slip ups" and help us to quickly return to you and your Will.
In Jesus name we pray,
Amen

No comments: