Monday, July 25, 2011

Praying for a Healing

Below are Nicole's thoughts on Chapter 12, Enjoying a Life of Health and Healing, of The Power of A Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian. Please know that what we all get from a study is usually different. We would love to hear your thoughts as well. Feel free to leave a comment below each post.

A prayer of health and healing....probably one of the most popular prayers that moms who have children with special needs pray on a daily basis. We pray for our children to be healed of autism. We pray it as hard as we can every day, sometimes more than once a day. We know this prayer. However, are we praying it knowing that it is in His timing? For me, I don't have peace about my son having autism. I feel there is something else going on with him as well. I pray every day that God will either heal my son or give me peace about it. He may heal him tomorrow, twenty years from now or He may give me peace about it. Either way, He is in control of this. I will trust Him and keep moving forward.

Its very important for us to continue to pray that our children will be healed from autism. However, we also need to cover them in prayer over other health issues as well. Accidents, diseases, cancer....there are so many things we need to pray over our children to keep them safe. That's what I love about the prayer Stormie wrote in this chapter. You can pray this prayer over a specific health issue and also covering their health in general.

Remember that God's healing is real and is powerful.

Bible Verses from Chapter 12

He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5

Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. James 5:16

But to you who fear My name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings. Malachi 4:2

Lord,
I lift up all of the children in this world who have autism. I pray that you will heal each child. Show each parent what we can do to help our child be the person you need them to be in this world. If it is something we need to accept, I pray that you will give us an incredible amount of peace that can only come from you. I also pray a wall of protection over all of our children. Protect them physically and mentally.
In Your Name we pray,
Amen

No comments: